PDA

View Full Version : Marked OHara Dial

HenryB
10-31-2005, 07:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5046977383&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

As I have not seen many OHara Dial items, I am just guessing as too the authenticity of it.

Surely it is a pin, not a dial ?????

Mo
10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Good call, Henry. Can't imagine how anyone thought it was a dial--even if made by a dial-making company-- and who knows if it was--seeing as it has no characteristics of a dial (other than approximate shape).

Kinda ugly too (imo).

Mo

Jon
10-31-2005, 09:51 PM
rather high evaluation, wouldn't you say?

Mo
11-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Incidentally, what's that about a "secret signature" on O 'Hara dials?

And about it's not being used: how does the seller explain the torn-off pinback, which seems to have picked up some rust (?)? And anywhy, how does sterling silver get rust? hmm.

Mo

Brian C.
11-01-2005, 03:31 AM
This seller has had a Super Bowl of O'Hara pins and buttons on eBay. I've bought a few from her. I don't know where she came up with the price for this pin, she usually starts off low. She has told me that she bought a safe full of these items at an estate auction. I believe she said it was from one of the Cram girls that worked at the dial co. and I believe her. When she first started to put the items on eBay, she e-mailed me a few times to find out some info on the company. She asked about a secret signature, of which I don't know about.
Brian C.

Jon
11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
FIRST I HAVE EVER HEARD OF A SECRET SIGNATURE