Web Horology Message Board

"BEWARE OF DOG"  |  HOME |  Sitemap |  NAWCC - HTI |  Special Project |  WHMB Index | "BEWARE OF DOG"

Go Back   Web Horology Message Board > The Pocket Watch Industry > Pocket Watch Discussions > Watch Companies

Watch Companies Discussions on watches and watch companies.

Unread 12-28-2007, 02:32 PM
bb673
Renegade

Question Model 57

I hope I picked the right spot for this subject. This is my first post. I am wondering if any pocket watches made during the Model 57 production years were basically the same as the Appleton Tracy model 57. For example; would the W.W. Co.,the P.S.Bartlett, and the Wm. Ellery movements made during the Model 57 years have many similarities to the Appleton Tracy? I am talking about major parts not things like gold vs. steel or ruby vs. fake jewels. I mean things like Balance assemblies, Pallet assembly, escape wheel, mainspring barrel, ect. You can answer on this forum or if you prefer you can send answers to me at bb96ultra@hotmail.com. I would appreciate any help you could offer on this question. Thanks, Bob
Unread 12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
RailRoader

The NAWCC currently offers a book on the history of the AWC 57 model. I cannot supply a link to it but if you perform a search on the NAWCC gift shop site I am sure you will locate it. It is a fantastic read and it thoroughly documents all the changes made over the years to the componentry that you have previously mentioned. Well worth the $$.

For the time being, here are links to a pdf version of what I believe is an earlier edition of the book I speak of.

http://www.plads.com/m57/monograph/preface.pdf

http://www.plads.com/m57/monograph/main.pdf

Regards,
Bryan Eyring
Great Lakes Horological Supply
Unread 12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Administrator

AT is a superior grade, better finished, to the others, basic rest is similar

if you want technical info contact Bill Tapp
Long time collector; NOW over 60 years of collecting, researching, educating and assisting collectors with pocket watch issues.
Join the ranks of ethical/credible pocket watch collecting practices--KEEP POCKET WATCHES ORIGINAL--DON'T PART THEM OUT OR SWITCH COMPONENTS!

Last edited by Jon; 12-28-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Patriot

Bob,

Welcome to Web Horology!

You will find quite a few with interest in the 57 model here, myself included.