Web Horology Message Board

"BEWARE OF DOG"  |  HOME |  Sitemap |  NAWCC - HTI |  Special Project |  WHMB Index | "BEWARE OF DOG"

Go Back   Web Horology Message Board > The Pocket Watch Industry > History of the American PW Manufacturing > Minor American Watch Companies > Fredonia Watch Company, 1883-1885

Fredonia Watch Company, 1883-1885 Fredonia, New York . This company evolved from the Howard Brothers mail order business, the Independent Watch Co. Fredonia movements were made for a few years from U.S.Marion and Newark machinery. Poor sales and techinal difficulties caused this company to be sold to Peoria.

Unread 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
RailRoader

I know we did but I don't recall the subject of KW GD's - I am continually amazed at the amount of variants made by such a small company! Perhaps they invested so much $$ in R&D and small lot specials that they were doomed for failure...Similar to issues at USWC?

~B
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Patriot

Bryan and Jon,
This would constitute a very interesting research effort and comprise a large variety, Swiss and U.S. with a large intra-family variation available. The non-mag and Mark Twin models are considered quite rare. This is a great project and will further enhance our appreciation and knowledge of this under appreciated company. Interesting too from a business and marketing angle.
Kudos to both of you.